Make sure the device is Unlocked and rooted before going ahead with custom ROM installation. OR Check our Unlocking Guide here: How to Unlock OnePlus 2 Bootloader and Install TWRP. After unlocking, make sure to Flash SuperSU to Root the phone.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
As you know, Marshmallow largely maintained the overall look of Lollipop but baked in some big new features like Doze Mode, the fingerprint API and granular permissions. This ROM include some Brand new inbuilt features like Aggressive Doze, Dark Mode, Color Doing Customization and icon packs support.
Full Change log of OnePlus 2 HydrogenOS 2.5:
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
To Remember :
- This tutorial is only for installing VoLTE enabled H2OS 2.5 ROM on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this VoLTE Patched ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
- Latest Build: Official FlyMe OS for OnePlus 2 is here!
- Paranoid is Back - Install on OnePlus 2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Update OnePlus 2 to Official CyanogenMod 13 [Latest Build]
- Update OnePlus 2 to Android 6.0.1 Resurrection Remix Marshmallow Firmware
- Update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.0.2 Final OTA [Clean Installation Guide]
- Install Official Exodus 6.0 on OnePlus 2 [Latest Marshmallow Build]
- Install Official Hydrogen OS v1.4 on OnePlus 2 Marshmallow Update [Google Ready Guide]
Step 1: Download H2OS 2.5 VoLTE Build ROM, Debloater + SuperSu and Google Installer for OnePlus 2 to your computer.
HOW TO: Install HydrogenOS 2.5 on OnePlus 2
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded H2OS 2.5 zip, Debloater + SuperSu and Google Installer APK files to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the "Swipe to Confirm Flash" option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: Flash the H2OS DBLOATR SuperSU Zip to remove Chinese Bloatware and gain Root Access.
Step 11: Again, Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 12: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your One will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
Google Apps: Once the ROM fastboot is completed, install the Google Installer APK file to get all the necessary Google Apps.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have VoLTE Ready HydrogenOS 2.5 custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Let me know by commenting below! Also, don't forget to share, ONLY if you found this post helpful to you.