Recently launched Flagship killer OnePlus 3 became developer friendly just a day after the launch. OnePlus has already released the kernel source code files of the OnePlus 3 to developers. This enabled them to tinker with building custom ROMs and other software for the OnePlus 3, and build creative features for it. Some Developers already released the unofficial version of CM 13 for this phone. TWRP is also available as well. Read below to get all the Download links of OnePlus Stock ROMs, Drivers, TWRP, CM13 and Kernel Source.
|Image Credit: oneplus.net|
OnePlus 3 Stock ROM [OxygenOS 3.1.1 Marshmallow]:
- Flashing Stock Firmware will downgrade your phone if you don’t like the new update.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will Hard Reset your phone.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will fix bootloop issues.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will completely Unroot your phone.
- Flashing Stock Firmware will help to Revert back to Stock or Factory state (Helpful if you are facing force close error or any other lags)
Download: Oxygen OS 3.1.3 for OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3 USB Driver for PC:
OnePlus 3 has its own set of proprietary USB drivers which need to be installed. After installation, your computer will correctly recognize your OnePlus 3 hence avoiding any malfunctions or corrupt data transfers. OnePlus 3 uses USB Type-C port which promises exceptional data read/write speeds. Also, this should be your first step on readying your PC or Mac to communicate with your OnePlus 3 and you should have these drivers installed especially if your are going to use third-party tools or the Fastboot / Bootloader mode.
USB drivers for OnePlus 3 are always bundled with the phone or MTP drivers are part of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow / Oxygen OS 3.0 software that comes with the phone. For transferring media content, photos and other files from your phone, you need to have a USB-C cable (preferably the one you got with the phone) for the phone.
Download: OnePlus 3 USB Driver for PC
TWRP for OnePlus 3:
TWRP Touch Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given below for those who want to install this custom recovery on their phones. Here are a few details about TWRP:
Team Win Recovery Project, for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. Some of the key features of Official TWRP Recovery are:
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout true theming!
- Settings are saved to the internal storage and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
- Onscreen keyboard
- Decryption of /data
- Easy selection of OTG storage
Download: TWRP Custom Recovery for OnePlus 3
CyanogenMod 13 for OnePlus 3:
OnePlus had called the Developers to tinker with OnePlus 3, and if you are not convinced that the device is off to a good start, this latest bit of news will do the trick:
The OnePlus 3 already got unofficial CyanogenMod 13 as well as Custom Recovery by a Recognized Developer Grarak (all time Gun of OnePlus family). To get it on your device (once it gets to your doorstep, of course), you just have to unlock the bootloader, flash the recovery, and then flash the ROM (with gapps) — easy, quick, no unlock codes for the bootloader and no voided warranties making you think twice.
There are a few known issues with the CM 13 by Grarak ROM as of right now, including no F2FS, worse battery life than Oxygen OS, some camera issues and unoptimized performance (given that the Snapdragon 820 is a rather recent platform).
Download: CM 13 for OnePlus 3
Kernel Source for OnePlus 3:
This section is ONLY for Developers who want to Build Something new for the OnePlus 3.
- The files are available on Github for download.
- OnePlus released the files a day after the OnePlus 3's launch.
- The files allow developers to build custom software for the phone.
Download: OnePlus 3 Kernel Source
Meanwhile, you should also check out the following articles: