The new 5.8.2 build is using the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat by Google. Many things in this ROM were tweaked with mods and are included by default. It provides all the Android 7.1.1 Nougat features and a great battery life on your device. Nougat DOZE is also worked great here. It is a great custom ROM that runs blazing fast and smooth. You will able to install this Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM in your OnePlus 2 using this tutorial.
|Image Credit:Image Source : https://www.flickr.com/photos/kotecinho/|
NOTE: This is an Official Resurrection Remix ROM, that means you will receive OTA updates from Resurrection.Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your risk.
Remember: Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case. You never know when anything might go wrong.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
Some Features of OnePlus 2 Resurrection Remix:
- Navigation Bar
- -Enable/Disable Navbar
- -Navbar Button Customization
- -Navbar Dimensions(Potrait & Landscape)
- -Brightness Slider
- -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- -SuperUser Indicator Switch
- -Carrier Label
- -Carrier Label Switch
- -Carrier label Colour
- -Quick PullDown Switch
- -Smart Pulldown Switch
- -Clock Customizations
- -Time & date
- -Clock Colour
- -Day & date Toogle
- -Center Clock/Right Clock Choice
- -Battery Bar customization
- -Battery Icon Customization(circle/landscape/Potrait and more)
- -Battery % Text
- -Network Traffic Indicator
- -Toast Animations
- -ListView Animations
- -System Animations
- -Gestures Anywhere Feature
- -App Circle Bar
- -Choose apps in App circle
- -Trigger Width
- -Trigger Hieght
- -Trigger Position
- -Recents Panel
- -Clear All button Switch
- -Clear All Tasks Switch
- -Clear All Button Location(Top right,Top Left,Top Center,Bottom Left,Bottom Right,Bottom Center)
- -cLock Widget
- -CLock And Alarm Customizations
- -Weather Panel Customizations
- -Calender Events
- -Lockscreen Shortcuts
- -Choose upto 5 Shortcuts
- -100 Icons for Shortcuts
- -Quick Slider Shortcuts
- -Notification Drawer
- -Weather Display Switch
- -Quick Settings
- -Choice to Add 20 Tiles
- -Enable 2/3/4 Tiles per Row
- -Enable Disable Birghtness Slider in Notification Panel
- -Advanced Location Settings Switch(Choose Battery saving/Device Only/High Accuracy Directly in Notification Panel)
- -LongPress Toogles to Enter Settings
- -Backlight Timer
- -Backlight Strength
- -Navigation Bar left/Right handed mode Switch
- -Power Menu
- -Power Menu End Calls Switch
- -Volume Buttons
- -Wake Up Device
- -Playback Control
- -Keyboard Cursor Control
- -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
- -Perfomance Profiles
- -LCD Density
- -Expanded Desktop Mode
- -Heads Up Customizations
- -Overall Smoothness Improvements
- -Quick Unlock
- -Optimizations to Improve Battery
- -ALL cm13 Features (Most)
- -AND MUCH MUCH MORE
There are lots of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria.com for the OnePlus 2, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Install LineageOS 14.1 Official Firmware on OnePlus 2
- [CAF] HalogenOS 7.1 for OnePlus 2 Nougat Custom Firmware
- Install OxygenOS 3.5.6 on OnePlus 2 [Stable Android 6.0.1]
- [Stable] Official MIUI 8 for OnePlus 2 VoLTE Android 6.0.1 Firmware
- Latest Build: Official FlyMe OS for OnePlus 2 is here!
- Install H2OS 2.5 VoLTE Ready ROM on OnePlus 2 [Android 6.0.1]
- Install Official Exodus 6.0 on OnePlus 2 [Latest Marshmallow Build]
- Install CyanogenMod 13 on OnePlus 2 [Grarak Build]
To Remember :
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this RR ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
HOW TO: Install Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix 5.8.2 on OnePlus 2
As I mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery (TWRP for this tutorial) installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. Make sure you read this tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Step 1: Download Official Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix 5.8.2 ROM and GApps for OnePlus 2 to your computer.
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
|Image Credit: https://oneplus.net/|
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above steps from Step 7 to Step 8 for the Google Apps zip file as well and install it on your phone.Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your OnePlus 2 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have Official Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Do let us know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also take benefit from these!