Radon Kenzo is the first Custom Kernel for Redmi Note 3, which mostly focuses on the quality over quantity. As this is a Stable custom Kernel having some special features which improve the performance and battery life of the device, this Kernel does not cause instability to the device. This Kernel has a lot of added tweaks which is not available in the Stock Kernel of Redmi Note 3 MIUI ROM. If you are interested in using this kernel, you can grab and flash this on your phone using the tutorial below.
This amazing custom Kernel comes with tons of new tweaks, awesome battery life and can be used on Various ROM (Compatibility mentioned below). A quick list of the main features in Radon Kenzo V4.0 Kernel is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
Snapdragon 650 CPU Core Improvements:
- Balanced, Battery and Gaming modes available for interactive governor.
- Mild undervolt for our cpu, reduces heat, helps battery backup.
- All basic governors and impulse governor available, default is interactive.
- Toggles for wakeup boost, hotplug boost, touch boost.
- CRC32 hw accelarated module
- Some optimizations for performance.
- Added fiops, bfq, zen, maple io schedulers.
- Disabled IO crc check for more performance.
- NTFS, exFAT, F2FS, EXT filesystems support.
Adreno GPU/Display Improvements:
- Fixed wrong GPU frequency reflected in sysfs
- Optional enhanced color profile, choose while flashing
- Adreno idler and adreno boost are available, off by default
- Savoca's kcal color control, full control over colors
- Wake gestures, dt2w, s2s and s2w for all panels
Quick Charge 2.0 Charging/Battery Improvements:
- Option to select max charging rate limit when installing.
- Option to select either 2000mA or 2400mA rate.
- Optimized power consumption for cpu and gpu.
- Mild undervolting for both CPU and GPU, stable.
- Optimizations for better power management.
- Sound control for speaker, earphones, mic etc.
- Option to select selinux mode while installing.
- Compiled with AOSP 4.9.4 aarch64 toolchain.
- Faux dynamic fsync available, on by default.
- Custom vibration intensity control available.
- Works on all LineageOS and AOSP based Marshmallow ROMs
- Works on all Lineage and AOSP based Nougat ROMs
- Works on all MIUI 8 Marshmallow ROMs
- This tutorial is only for installing Radon Kenzo V4.0 on Redmi Note 3. Please do not try on any other Xiaomi variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to flash Custom Kernels.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Your Redmi Note 3 should be unlocked.
- Keeping a backup of Stock Kernel is recommended. (Backup Boot.img using TWRP)
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
HOW TO: Install Redmi Note 3 Radon Kenzo V4.0 on Android 7.0 NougatWe have put together a detailed step-by-step installation instruction so that the first time users doesn't face any problem on installing custom Kernel.
Please make sure your phone fulfils all the requirements and we recommend you to read this tutorial once before actually performing it on your device. In case you have problem in connecting your phone with computer, make sure USB driver for MI is properly installed.
Tutorial- Step-by-Step:Step 1: Download Radon Kenzo V4.0 for Redmi Note 3 to your computer:
- For LineageOS or AOSP based Nougat ROMs: Radon-V4.0-Kenzo-Cm-Ng.zip
- For LineageOS or AOSP based Marshmallow ROMs: Radon-V4.0-Kenzo-Cm-Mm.zip
- For latest MIUI 8 Marshmallow ROM: Radon-V4.0-Kenzo-Mi-Mm.zip
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded Kernel zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’ button.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the "Swipe to Confirm Flash" option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 9: Again, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Redmi Note 3 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new Kernel. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Redmi Note 3 should now have Radon Kenzo V4.0 custom Kernel installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Configure Radon Kenzo V4.0 Kernel Settings:
- Governor: Interactive for all kind of users (battery, balanced, gaming)
- Frequency small cluster: 691-1440 (balance and gaming)
- Frequency small cluster: 400-1440 (battery)
- Frequency big cluster: 883-1804 (balance and gaming)
- Frequency big cluster: 400-1804 (battery)
- Interactive timer rate: 20000 (balance and gaming)
- Interactive timer rate: 30000 (battery)
- ZRAM 256 for light miltitaskers, 512 for heavy multitaskers
- ZRAM will increase battery consumption a little
- Keep ZRAM off if you need extra battery backup
- FIOPS for good performance and battery
- Read ahead 512 on both internal and external
- Adjust this yourself, I don't know what you like.
- Dynamic Fsync - On for high performance, Off for better battery.
- Vibration intensity - I use 65, select whatever you like here.
- Powersuspend Mode - LCD Panel or Userspace (if you have slow wakeup problem)
NOTE: All settings are compatible with both Kernel Adiutor and EX Kernel Manager.