Internally, the Firmware is mainly build with the components from Code Aurora Forums (CAF), featuring extremely minor set of components from LineageOS which have been added to the source for the better Hybrid Cross-Device Compatibility.
|Image Credit: https://oneplus.net/in/2|
This tutorial will help you to update your OnePlus 2 to HalogenOS Android 7.1.1 with easy and In-Depth Step-by-Step procedure. This is not an official release by OnePlus, but just a custom ROM which would require a custom recovery like TWRP and Root access in order to flash the ROM zip file on your phone.
As you read further, we will guide you how to update OnePlus 2 to HalogenOS 7.1 based on Android 7.1.1 with complete steps. We will use TWRP recovery as our custom recovery. For more details, continue reading. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
This amazing HalogenOS Android 7.1.1 ROM for OnePlus 2 is Fully Stable and comes with tons of new features, Tweaks and Settings and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. A quick list of some main features and Tweaks are given below, and we are sure you’d love to use this on your OnePlus 2:
- Heads-Up toggle
- Button actions
- OTA Updates
- No QS Bug
- OnePlus Camera
- Working Vulkan
- Reworked Lockscreen Visualizer
- New implementation of button backlight
- Modern Services -> Google Assistant etc.
- Full media support (FFMPEG, video codecs, ...)
- Great Audio quality, no distortions, no crap
- Optimized many portions of the system including surfaceflinger, inputflinger, System Server, and more
- Super fast boot
- Great battery life
- Soundmod support (not all soundmods work on Nougat, it's not our fault)
- addon.d support (backups your gapps etc. when flashing new build - don't wipe system before flashing!)
- init.d support
- Disabled Access Time for all partitions (When access time is enabled, it will store the exact date of the access when a file is accessed, what just wastes write cycles and has impact in I/O performance.)
- Super smooth
- Signature Spoofing toggle (Support for MicroG)
- Support for trusted third-party WebViews like Chrome
- Long press on home for assist toggle
- Security Patches in kernel
- KCal support
- Kernel optimizations
- OpenGapps (Mini/Micro/Nano recommended) and Banks GApps support
- Offline Gestures support (super fast recoginition)
- Alert Slider
- Full KeyHandler & KeyDisabler support
- Dexpreopt for faster (first) boot time and less space consumption on data partition
- Upgrade & Boot the ROM in just 5 minutes - no more endless waiting for flashing a new build
- Very high compatibility with other ROMs
- [Stable] Official MIUI 8 for OnePlus 2 VoLTE Android 6.0.1 Firmware
- Install OxygenOS 3.5.6 on OnePlus 2 [Stable Android 6.0.1]
- Install LineageOS 14.1 Official Firmware on OnePlus 2
- Paranoid is Back - Install on OnePlus 2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Official OnePlus Camera App for CM/AOSP ROM [Ported from OOS 3.0]
- Overclock OnePlus 2 to 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 810 on CM 13 ROM
- Install Boeffla Kernel 5.0 alpha8 in CM 13 OnePlus 2
UPDATE : If your Bootloader is already unlocked, follow this Guide : (Install TWRP 3.0.2 Hybrid Recovery on OnePlus 2)
Tips : Backup your important APK + Data with Titanium Backup Pro if you are moving from a different ROM to CyanogenMOD ROM.To Remember :
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.1.1 HalogenOS on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to install this XOS ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
HOW TO: Install HalogenOS 7.1 on OnePlus 2 Custom FirmwareWe have put together a detailed step-by-step installation instruction so that the first time users doesn't face any problem on installing HalogenOS Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on OnePlus 2.
Please make sure your phone fulfils all the requirements and we recommend you to read this tutorial once before actually performing it on your device. In case you have problem in connecting your phone with computer, make sure USB driver for OnePlus is properly installed.
Tutorial- Step-by-Step:Step 1: Download HalogenOS 7.1 ROM and SuperSU 2.78 SR5 (or newer) for OnePlus 2 to your computer.
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded HalogenOS and SuperSU zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the "Swipe to Confirm Flash" option. The installation procedure should start now.
Rooting: Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above steps from Step 7 to Step 8 for the SuperSU zip file as well and install it on your phone.
Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your OnePlus 2 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have HalogenOS 7.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.