|Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/woxxythefool/|
This amazing custom Kernel comes with tons of new tweaks, awesome battery life and can be used on LineageOS 14.1 or based on LineageOS Nougat ROM. A quick list of the main features in Franco Kernel - R1 is given below and we are sure you’d love to use this on your OnePlus 2:
- Legendary battery life
- Flash & forget
- Typical interfaces like display adjustments, sound control, vibration control, and all that boring stuff
- Bypasses the verified boot flag for Android Pay compatibility (root still breaks Android Pay but that's your own problem)
- Idle power consumption reduced to the absolute minimum (if you have wakelocks from 3rd party apps you're obviously on your own)
- Support for FKUpdater's Performance Profiles
- Magical support, I'm here every day, checking posts almost hourly, ready to help anytime (well, unless you fail to read the OP, which contains most info you need)
- Seemless integration with my app FKUpdater
- All cores are unlocked and unshackled from One Plus core control module.
- Mimicking the Nexus 6P all cores are online and hit idle states when they don't have tasks running, instead of going offline.
- Performance is greatly improved because all cores are readily available when needed
- Some famous wakelocks are blocked and disabled by default for maximum battery life through out the day
- No bull**** placebo patches, or "magical" optimizations
- Probably more, check my github for all the details - the code speaks for itself
Franco Kernel: Manager and Updater Video Review
All the custom Kernels and firmwares, official software updates, tools, mods or anything mentioned in the tutorial belong to their respective owners/developers. Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
- Builds starting with r1 are only for Android Nougat 7.1.1 LineageOS based roms.
- Install Boeffla Kernel 5.0 alpha8 in CM 13 OnePlus 2 [Grarak Build]
- Overclock OnePlus 2 to 2.0 GHz Snapdragon 810 on CM 13 ROM
- This tutorial is only for installing Franco Kernel - R1 on OnePlus 2. Please do not try on any other OnePlus variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed in order to flash Custom Kernels.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Your OnePlus 2 should be unlocked. [Tutorial for Unlocking OnePlus 2]
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
HOW TO: Install OnePlus 2 Franco Kernel - R1 on Android 7.0 NougatWe have put together a detailed step-by-step instruction so that the first time users doesn't face any problem on installing custom Kernel.
Please make sure your phone fulfils all the requirements and we recommend you to read this tutorial once before actually performing it on your device. In case you have problem in connecting your phone with computer, make sure USB driver for OnePlus is properly installed.
Tutorial- Step-by-Step:Step 1: Download Franco Kernel - R1 for OnePlus 2 to your computer.
Step 2: Connect and mount your OnePlus 2 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded Kernel zip file to your phone memory / SD card. Make sure the files are in the phone memory / SD card root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe cache/dalvik’ button.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the "Swipe to Confirm Flash" option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 9: Again, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your OnePlus 2 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new Kernel. So, please wait.
Alternately, you can use Auto-flash from Franco Kernel Updater Free app.
That’s it! Your OnePlus 2 should now have Franco Kernel - R1 custom Kernel installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Do let us know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE us on Facebook to thank us!