Why do we need to Unlock the Bootloader?
ZTE Axon 7 have a fully optimized, certified and tested version of Android, and unlocking the bootloader may change the firmware. So, it is important that you take time to read and that you keep the following in mind before unlocking the bootloader to customize your device.
- Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by ZTE warranty (if Bricked).
- When unlocking the bootloader, the DRM protection of your phone will become untrusted.
- Once unlocked, it cannot be undone.
- ZTE or Droidphoria.com will not be responsible for the damages caused by any custom software being flashed to your phone.
Also See: [Collection] Download Galaxy S8 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
Also See: Update ZTE Axon 7 to Android 7.1.1 LineageOS 14.1 Custom Firmware
How to Unlock ZTE Axon 7 Bootloader and Install TWRP :We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to Unlock Axon 7 Bootloader and install TWRP recovery. Please read the tutorial carefully. We request you to read the full tutorial once before actually performing in your device.
To Remember :
- This unlocking bootloader tutorial is only for ZTE Axon 7 A2017G. Please don’t try this on any other variants of ZTE.
- This tutorial has been performed on Windows, but anyone familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux can perform this as well.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as it will erase all data.
- You may void your warranty by unlocking the bootloader.
- If you have Antivirus installed in your computer, disable it temporary in order to allow the Axon7Tool to work properly.
- Download Minimal Fastboot and ADB tools to your computer and Extract it on ADB folder.
- Download Axon7Tool to your computer and Copy/Move it to the same ADB folder.
- Download TWRP image file to your computer and again move it to ADB folder.
- Make a copy of TWRP (recovery.img) and rename it to recovery.bin in the same ADB folder.
- Now open Setting of your phone and go to about phone. Tap on "Buid Number" 7 times to enable "Developers Option".
- Go to "Developers Options" and tick "Allow OEM unlock" and "Android Debugging".
How to Install TWRP Recovery in ZTE Axon 7:
adb reboot edl
axon7tool -r gpt boot recovery
adb reboot edl
- If the TWRP recovery asks for a password then, simply click on cancel.
- If asked to modify system settings then swipe to agree.
- If your computer doesn’t recognize your device as QUSB_BULK then download Zadig and replace the drivers with WinUSB ones.
- If axon7tool.exe doesn’t recognize your device even after connecting the device as QUSB_BULK then try killing adb.exe via task manager before trying again.
How to Unlock Axon 7 Bootloader:
adb push aboot.img /sdcard/
adb push fastboot_unlock.img /sdcard/
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop of=/sdcard/fbop_lock.img
adb shell dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot of=/sdcard/aboot_lock.img
adb pull /sdcard/fbop_lock.img
adb pull /sdcard/aboot_lock.img
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/fastboot_unlock.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fbop
adb shell dd if=/sdcard/aboot.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/aboot
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
How to Root ZTE Axon 7 A2017G:Download the SuperSU 2.79.zip file and copy/paste the zip file to your phone memory. Make sure the files are in the phone memory root (not in any folder).
Step 1: Switch Off your phone and Enter the Recovery Mode in order to Flash SuperSU zip to gain root access. (Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.)
Step 2: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 3: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the SuperSU ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory.
Step 4: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Step 5: Tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 6: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Axon 7 will boot now and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after rooting. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your ZTE Axon 7 A2017G should now have SuperSU Root access. Verify with any Root Checker App.
Any problem? Do let us know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE on Facebook to thank us.