|Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/huaweidevice/|
If you had not received the update yet and wanted to Download it manually, read below to get the Download Link and Installation Guide as well.
Download - EMUI 4.0.1 for Huawei Ascend G7EMUI 4.0.1 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Huawei Ascend G7
Ascend G7 Firmware (G7-L01, Android 6.0, EMUI 4.0.1, Turkey)
→ Download [Mirror] | File: G7-L01C464B530CUSTC464D004 TA.rar
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?To Remember:
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Ascend G7, and we are not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Huawei on other carriers.
- Your phone can be on any previous Android version of Huawei, not on a custom ROM. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work.
- This Firmware is a complete update file, so it is not important which firmware you have now.
- Enjoy EMUI 4.0.1 based on Android M on your device and let us know your review about it!
How to Update Ascend G7 to EMUI 4.0.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow:Step 1: First of all check for the OTA Update in you Phone Setting. If you find OTA is available, you do not need this tutorial. (Just Perform Auto Update)
Step 2: Make a Backup of your all important personal data and charge your phone up to 85% or more.
Step 3: Download EMUI 4.0.1 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Huawei Ascend G7 from the above-given link.
Step 4: Unzip downloaded file in your computer
Step 5: Copy folder dload (with update.app file) in root of your Internal storage or on your microSD card.
Step 6: If you copy the update.zip file correctly, there will be this file shown now, tap on it and start installation
Please wait for some time. That’s it! Your Huawei Ascend G7 should now have Official EMUI 4.0.1 based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Alternatively, you can go to the dialer of your Huawei Ascend G7 and enter the following code:
* # * # 2846579159 # * # *.Once done, it opens a hidden service menu. There you have the tenth option of Hota Upgrade. Select it and then the update will start automatically. That’s it. Reboot and enjoy your latest marshmallow ROM.
Troubleshoot Guide for Boot Loop:Forced upgrade: In case your phone is bricked, turn it off completely, then boot your device by holding Vol down + Vol up + Power button at the same time. Release the Power button upon vibration and wait for the upgrade to start. Alternatively, you can try a Hard reset from your stock recovery.
*You can find an upgrade manual in the zip for reference.