Why Do We Need To Unlock The Bootloader?
- Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by MI warranty (if Bricked).
- When unlocking the bootloader, the DRM protection of your phone will become untrusted.
- Once unlocked, it cannot be undone.
- MI or Droidphoria.com will not be responsible for the damages caused by any custom software being flashed to your phone.
How to Unlock Xiaomi MI 5 Bootloader :We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to Unlock MI 5 Bootloader and install TWRP recovery. Please read the tutorial carefully. We request you to read the full tutorial once before actually performing in your device.
To Remember :
- This unlocking bootloader tutorial is only for Xiaomi MI 5. Please don’t try this on any other variants of Xiaomi.
- This tutorial has been performed on Windows, but anyone familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux can perform this as well.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as it will erase all data.
- You may void your warranty by unlocking the bootloader.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool zip file and extract it on your computer (desktop).
- Open Setting of your phone and go to about phone. Tap on "Buid Number" 7 times to enable "Developers Option".
- Go to "Developers Options" and tick "Allow OEM unlock" and "Android Debugging".
How to Unlock Xiaomi MI 5 Bootloader:
“You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.