- Split-screen mode
- Quick switching apps
- Notification prioritization
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Doze Mode on the Go
- Multi-language support, emoji and app links
- New Settings menu
- Do Not Disturb
- Data Saver
- Seamless updates
- File-based encryption
- Managing app folder access
- Android for Work
- Emergency info
- Better backups and Accessibility settings
- Number blocking/call screening
- Direct Boot
- Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK
- Recent apps changes
Download - EMUI 5.0 for Honor 8
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?To Remember:
- This tutorial is only for Honor 8, and we are not sure if it will work on the other variants of the Huawei on other carriers.
- Your phone can be on any previous Android version of Huawei, not on a custom ROM. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work.
- This Firmware is a complete update file, so it is not important which firmware you have now.
- Enjoy EMUI 5.0 based on Android M on your device and let us know your review about it!
How to Update Honor 8 to EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat:Step 1: First of all check for the OTA Update in you Phone Setting. If you find OTA is available, you do not need this tutorial. (Just Perform Auto Update)
Step 2: Make a Backup of your all important personal data and charge your phone up to 85% or more.
Step 3: Download EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Honor 8 from the above-given link.
Step 4: Unzip downloaded file in your computer
Step 5: Copy folder dload (with update.app file) in root of your Internal storage or on your microSD card.
Step 6: Now open “Settings > Update > Menu > Local Update”. You will see the downloaded file as “Full Package: UPDATE.APP”.
Step 7: Select it and it will prompt you to install it. Just tap “Install”. Let the update process to get finished.
Again, extract the second file (update_data_full_hw_eu) and save all the files in the dload folder. Now repeat Step 4 to 7 again.
Please wait for some time. That’s it! Your Honor 8 should now have EMUI 5.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Alternatively, you can go to the dialer of your Honor 8 and enter the following code:
* # * # 2846579159 # * # *.Once done, it opens a hidden service menu. There you have the tenth option of Hota Upgrade. Select it and then the update will start automatically. That’s it. Reboot and enjoy your latest Nougat ROM.
Troubleshoot Guide for Boot Loop:Forced upgrade: In case your phone is bricked, turn it off completely, then boot your device by holding Vol down + Vol up + Power button at the same time. Release the Power button upon vibration and wait for the upgrade to start. Alternatively, you can try a Hard reset from your stock recovery.
*You can find an upgrade manual in the zip for reference.