The new update comes with TouchWiz improvements, new Material functions, Doze for better battery life, App Standby, Applications Permissions controls, and tons of other changes and tweaks that should improve the overall performance of your device.
How can you Install XXU4BQC2 Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy A5 (2016) Official Firmware?
- Straight to OTA (Over-the-air) update system
- Samsung’s KIES / Smart Switch app
- Installing Firmware Manually
|Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/janitors/|
As you read further, we will guide you how to Install XXU4BQC2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official Firmware with complete steps. We will use ODIN tool for upgrading to A510FXXU4BQC2. For more details, continue reading. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
XXU4BQC2 Android 6.0.1 Firmware Details:
- Model: SM-A510F
- Model name: Galaxy A5 ⑥
- Country: Turkey
- Version: Android 6.0.1
- Changelist: 10523952
- Build date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 06:04:01 +0000
- Security Patch Level: 2017-03-01
- Product code: TUR
- PDA: A510FXXU4BQC2
- CSC: A510FOJV4BQC2
- How to Update Galaxy A5 (2016) to Android 7.1.1 Nougat (Guide Coming Soon)
- Update Galaxy A5 (2016) to Nougat Manually [ODIN Guide] (Guide Coming Soon)
- How to Root Galaxy A5 (2016) on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (Guide Coming Soon)
Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016) USB Driver:
Tips: Backup your Device for Safety
- Always Backup your important data that you might need after installing a Custom ROM, Official Firmware, Mods or anything else.
- Make a data as we do not know anything might go wrong on performing the tutorial.
- Backup your App data, SMS, Contact, Google data, APN Setting, WhatsApp Message or anything else.
- Make sure your device have at least 80 percent charge. Why? Your device might get permanently dead if the device got Switch Off (due to low battery) during the Firmware installation process. No one wants that, right?
- Samsung user can use Samsung Kies to manually backup the device as Kies provide more option for what to choose in backup and even can transfer data from one device to another device.
- OPTIONAL: If you already have Custom Recovery installed, we Recommend you to make a full Nandroid Backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone.
- INFO: Most of the Tutorials/Guides in Droidphoria.com are for Unlock Android Phones. Please don't try our Guides if your Device is Factory Locked.
How to Update Galaxy A5 (2016) to XXU4BQC2 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official Firmware
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016). Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- A510FXXU4BQC2 is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy A5 (2016).
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Full Step-By-Step Instructions:
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. (Ignore if there is no such file.)
- AP = PDA
- BL = Boot Loader
- CP = Modem