- Split-screen mode
- Quick switching apps
- Notification prioritization
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Doze Mode on the Go
- Multi-language support, emoji and app links
- New Settings menu
- Do Not Disturb
- Data Saver
- Seamless updates
- File-based encryption
- Managing app folder access
- Android for Work
- Emergency info
- Better backups and Accessibility settings
- Number blocking/call screening
- Direct Boot
- Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK
- Recent apps changes
If this is your very first time installing a custom ROM, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before installation, make sure you have backed up your important Apps and Data with Titanium Backup (Recommended). When installing this Official Resurrection Remix Nougat ROM, your entire Data + System will be cleaned — like a brand new phone.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your risk.
Remember: Always backup your important data that you might need after you install a new custom ROM, an official software update or anything else. Make a backup for just in case. You never know when anything might go wrong.
If you already have a custom recovery (ClockworkMod, TWRP, etc.) installed on your phone, we strongly recommend a backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone set up. It is easier and faster to restore your phone through a custom recovery.
Some Features of Redmi Note 4 Resurrection Remix:
- Based On Latest Google Android 7.1.0_r7 release
- RR Customization:
- -Enable/Disable Navbar
- -Navbar Button Customization smart bar
- -Navbar Pulse
- -Navbar Fling
- -Double Tap To sleep navbar
- -Brightness Slider
- -Enable/Disable Show Notification Count
- -SuperUser Indicator Switch
- -Double Tap To sleep Statusbar
- -Carrier Label Switch
- -Carrier Label Colour
- -Carrier Label Size
- -Clock Customizations
- -Time & date
- -Day & date Toggle
- -Centre/Right/Left Clock Choice
- -Date Format
- -Clock Font Styles
- -Battery Bar customization
- -Battery Icon Customization (circle/Landscape/Portrait and more)
- -Network Traffic Indicator
- -Network Traffic Arrows Switch
- -Incoming/OutGoing Traffic
- -Network traffic Colour
- -Statusbar RR Logo
- -StatusBar Weather
- -Weather Color
- -Weather Position(left/right)
- -Weather Font Style
- -Weather Size
- -StatusBar Ticker
- -Ticker Text colour
- -Ticker Icon Color
- -Toast Animations
- -ListView Animations
- -System Animations
- -Power Menu Animations
- -Misc Animations
- -Gestures Anywhere Feature
- -3 Finger Swipe Screenshot Gesture
- -App Circle Bar
- -Choose apps in AppSidebar
- -Trigger Width
- -Trigger Height
- -Trigger Position
- -App Sidebar
- -Choose apps in App circle
- -Trigger Width
- -Trigger Height
- -Trigger Position
- -Pie Trigger (left, Right, Bottom)
- -More Pie Features
- -Recent Panel
- -Clear All button Switch
- -Clear All Tasks Switch
- -Clear All Button Location (Top right, Top Left, Top Center, Bottom Left, Bottom Right, Bottom Center)
- -Full-Screen Recent
- -Recent Styles
- -Clock And Alarm Customization
- -Weather Panel Customizations
- -Calendar Events
- -Lockscreen Bottom Shortcuts
- -Lockscreen General Shortcuts
- -100+ Icons for Shortcuts
- -Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
- -Lockscreen Media Art/Enable Disable
- -Quick PIN/Patter Unlock
- -LockScreen Wallpaper
- -Lockscreen Weather Widget
- -Lockscreen Icons Colour
- -Quick Settings Draggable Tiles
- -Customizable Tiles
- -Dynamic Tiles Adjustment
- -Number of columns/rows
- -Title Animations
- -Notification Drawer
- -LongPress Toggles to Enter Settings
- -Disable Immersive Mode Messages
- -Force Expand Notification
- -Quick PullDown
- -Smart Pulldown
- -Notification Panel Transparency
- -Volume Dialogue Transparency
- -Notification Panel Stroke
- -Volume Dialogue Stroke
- -Backlight Timer
- -Backlight Strength
- -Advanced Reboot Menu
- -Power Menu Customizations
- -Reboot (Recovery, Bootloader, Hot Reboot)
- -Power Menu End Calls Switch
- -Restart SystemUI
- -On the Go Mode
- -Home Button (For devices with HW keys Only)
- -Home Button answer call
- -Long Press Actions
- -Double Tap Actions
- -Menu Button (For devices with HW keys Only)
- -Short Press Actions
- -Long Press Actions
- -Search Button (If Device Supports)
- -Short Press Action
- -Long Press Action
- -Volume Buttons
- -Wake Up Device
- -Playback Control
- -Ringtone Volume Control
- -Keyboard Cursor Control
- -Swap Buttons on Landscape mode
- -Volume Key Answer
- -SELinux Switch (Switch Between Permissive and Enforcing SELinux if Device has Selinux Enabled)
- -cLock Shortcut
- -Disable Battery Saver Warning Colour
- -OTA U
- -Camera Shutter Sound Enable/Disable
- -SystemUI Tuner
- -Enabled By default
- -Removed Demo mode and Tweaked SystemUI Tuner As compared To AOSP
- -StatusBar Icons Customizations
- -Quick Settings Customizations
- -Other Features
- -Performance Profiles
- -LCD Density
- -Expanded Desktop Mode
- -Heads Up Switch and customizations
- -Live Display
- -Configurable 0,90,180,270 Degree Rotation
- -Lock Screen Autorotate Switch
- -Native Tap to Wake From Marshmallow
- -Double Tap Power Button To enable Camera gesture
- -Prevent Accidental Wakeup
- -Wake Phone on Charging Plug
- -Battery Light Customizations
- -Notification Light Customizations
- -CM privacy guard
- -Performance Tweaks (Kernel Auditor Inbuilt)
- -CM root inbuilt
- -RR OTA
- -A Whole new RR Configurations
- -OverAll Smoothness Improvements
- -Optimisations to Improve Battery
- -Includes All Android Nougat Features
- -Includes ALL LineageOS 14.1 Features
- -AND MUCH MUCH MORE
There are lots of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria.com for the Redmi Note 4, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
- Rooting: Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Redmi Note 4 Bootloader - (Snapdragon + Mediatek)
- Custom Recovery: Install Latest TWRP on Redmi Note 4 Custom Recovery
- This tutorial is only for installing Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix on Redmi Note 4. Please do not try on any other Xiaomi variants.
- Your phone should have a custom recovery installed to install this RR ROM on your phone.
- We will be using TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- This tutorial will wipe out all your data. Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
HOW TO: Install Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix 5.8.2 on Redmi Note 4
As I mentioned earlier, you need to have a custom recovery (TWRP for this tutorial) installed on your phone. Please do that first and then get back to this tutorial. Make sure you read this tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Step 1: Download Official Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix 5.8.2 ROM and GApps for Redmi Note 4 to your computer.
Step 2: Connect and mount your Redmi Note 4 USB memory to your computer using the USB cable.
Step 3: Now copy/paste the downloaded Resurrection Remix Nougat zip and Google Apps zip files to your phone memory. Make sure the files are in the phone memory root (not in any folder).
Step 4: Then turn OFF your phone and disconnect from the USB cable.
Step 5: Now to get in the Recovery Mode. Switch ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons together.
Step 6: Once you are in TWRP Recovery, perform a full data wipe by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button. Then swipe on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
Step 7: Now go back to the main menu and then tap on the ‘Install’ button. From the list, choose the ZIP file that you copied to your phone memory in Step 3.
Step 8: Confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option. The installation procedure should start now.
Google Apps: Once the ROM installation is completed, repeat the above steps from Step 7 to Step 8 for the Google Apps zip file as well and install it on your phone.Step 9: Tap on the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” button if you get into any boot loops or other issues.
Step 10: You can now reboot your phone by selecting the “Reboot System” button.
Your Redmi Note 4 will boot now, and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
That’s it! Your Redmi Note 4 should now have Official Resurrection Remix ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat installed on your phone! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation? Do let us know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or SHARE with others so they can also take benefit from these!