Xiaomi is known for its art of providing quality smartphones in affordable bucks for what they Hit the e-Commerce whenever a Xiaomi product launch. Redmi Note 4 too got a great Hit on MI Store and other e-Commerce Store. Because of its popularity, the phone got a Huge love from Developers too. A lot of Custom ROMS, MODS, Module, Patches are available on XDA for this phone. If you want to take the benefit of these, you need to Unlock the Bootloader first as the phone ships with a Locked Bootloader. Read the Guide below to Unlock Redmi Note 4 Bootloader.
Why Do We Need To Unlock The Bootloader?
- Once your phone is unlocked, it will no longer be covered by MI warranty (if Bricked).
- When unlocking the bootloader, the DRM protection of your phone will become untrusted.
- Once unlocked, it cannot be undone.
- MI or Droidphoria.com will not be responsible for the damages caused by any custom software being flashed to your phone.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods, etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
How to Unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Bootloader :We have put together a step-by-step guide on how to Unlock Redmi Note 4 Bootloader and install TWRP recovery. Please read the tutorial carefully. We request you to read the full tutorial once before actually performing in your device.
To Remember :
- This unlocking bootloader tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Please don’t try this on any other variants of Xiaomi.
- This tutorial has been performed on Windows, but anyone familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux can perform this as well.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as it will erase all data.
- You may void your warranty by unlocking the bootloader.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool zip file and extract it on your computer (desktop).
- Open Setting of your phone and go to about phone. Tap on "Buid Number" 7 times to enable "Developers Option".
- Go to "Developers Options" and tick "Allow OEM unlock" and "Android Debugging".
How to Unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Bootloader:
“You don’t have the permission to Unlock the device”.