|Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/servicesmobiles/|
Also See: [SuperSU] Root Galaxy S6 on Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware
As you read further, we will guide you through the entire process of How to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Galaxy S6. We will use ODIN tool for installing the latest TWRP. For more details, continue reading. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Also See: Update Galaxy S6 G920F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria for the Galaxy S6, but we think you might be interested in the following posts :
- Install Android 6.0.1 WETA ROM on Galaxy S6 Marshmallow Custom ROM
- Update Galaxy S6 Edge G925S to KSU3EQC5 Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware
About TWRP Custom RecoveryTWRP Touch Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given below for those who want to install this custom recovery on their phones. Here are a few details about TWRP:
Team Win Recovery Project, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
What’s new in TWRP 3.1.0:
- Completely new theme – Much more modern and much nicer looking.
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc.
- Language translation – It will not be perfect, and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese will not be available on most devices. Also, some languages may only be partially translated at this time.
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics.
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed.
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools.
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
- Samsung Galaxy S6 International Model
- Any Samsung Galaxy S6 Model (If Bootloader is already Unlocked)
Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Driver:
Tips: Backup your Device for Safety
- Always Backup your important data that you might need after installing a Custom ROM, Official Firmware, Mods or anything else.
- Make a data as we do not know anything might go wrong on performing the tutorial.
- Backup your App data, SMS, Contact, Google data, APN Setting, WhatsApp Message or anything else.
- Samsung user can use Samsung Kies to manually backup the device as Kies provide more option for what to choose in backup and even can transfer data from one device to another device.
- INFO: Most of the Tutorials/Guides in Droidphoria.com are for Unlock Android Phones. Please don't try our Guides if your Device is Factory Locked.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
HOW TO: Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This TWRP 3.1.0 (or Newer) Recovery works with Android 6.0.1 and all future Android updates.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Full Step-By-Step Instructions:
NOTE: You need to Download .tar file for this tutorial. For Example, Download twrp-3.1.0-0-zeroflte.img.tar file (for TWRP version 3.1.0-0).
- Click on ‘AP’ and select the TWRP package file you downloaded in step 1 for your computer.
- AP = PDA
- BL = Boot Loader
- CP = Modem
Step 10: After the installation is completed, you should hold your Power Button + Volume Button and Home Button until the screen turns black.
Step 11: Once it does, you need to let go of the Volume Down button and hold the Volume Up button while still pressing the other listed buttons. This will boot the phone into Recovery mode and you should now see the Latest TWRP custom recovery interface.
Step 12: You can now reboot your phone by touching the reboot option in TWRP.
That’s it! Your Samsung Galaxy S6 has now been flashed with the Latest TWRP. To enter Recovery Mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Home + Volume Up buttons and press the Power button for about 5 seconds to enter Recovery Mode.