|Image Credit: Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143757785@N03/|
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria for the Redmi Note 4, but we think you might be interested in the following posts :
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Redmi Note 4 Bootloader - (Snapdragon + Mediatek)
- Rooting: How to Root Redmi Note 4 on MIUI 8 Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- Customize: How to Change Boot Logo of Redmi Note 4 (Splash Screen)
About TWRP Custom RecoveryTWRP Touch Recovery will allow you to install custom ROMs, advanced options like formatting the system partition, making backups etc. The entire tutorial has been given below for those who want to install this custom recovery on their phones. Here are a few details about TWRP:
Team Win Recovery Project, or twrp for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
What’s new in 3.1.0-0 Release:
- vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
- adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
- tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
- support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
- support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
- better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
- improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
- minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
- try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
- shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
- timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
- support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
- boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
- TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
- support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
- support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
- update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
- numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 International Model
- Any Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Model (If Bootloader is already Unlocked)
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 USB Driver:
Tips: Backup your Device for Safety
- Always Backup your important data that you might need after installing a Custom ROM, Official Firmware, Mods or anything else.
- Make a data as we do not know anything might go wrong on performing the tutorial.
- Backup your App data, SMS, Contact, Google data, APN Setting, WhatsApp Message or anything else.
- Xiaomi user can use MI PC Suit to manually backup the device as PC Suit provide more option for what to choose in backup and even can transfer data from one device to another device.
- INFO: Most of the Tutorials/Guides in Droidphoria.com are for Unlock Android Phones. Please don't try our Guides if your Device is Factory Locked.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?
HOW TO: Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- This tutorial is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- This TWRP 3.1.0 (or Newer) Recovery works with Android 6.0.1 and all future Android updates.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Full Step-By-Step Instructions:
Step 4: Navigate to the same directory now as where you have Fastboot (i.e. Step 1) and on Windows: Open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt). For Mac OS X and Linux, use Terminal to navigate to this directory.
Step 5: Type in the following command and press Enter.
Step 6: Wait for your phone to boot into bootloader mode. You can boot your phone in bootloader mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power key.adb reboot bootloader
Step 7: Once your phone is in bootloader mode, type in the following command and press Enter.
For Example, type fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img (if the file name is twrp-3.1.0-0-mido.img).fastboot flash recovery (twrp file name).img
That’s it! the TWRP recovery is now installed on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. You can enter Recovery Mode (TWRP recovery) by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys together.
You can now reboot your phone by touching the reboot option in TWRP.
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has now been flashed with the Latest TWRP. To enter Recovery Mode, shut down phone and then hold down the Power + Volume Down buttons for about 5 seconds.