This firmware is a major upgrade for the device. 34.2.A.2.47_R5C Android 7.0 Nougat upgrades the Android revision and also adds new features.
This amazing 34.2.A.2.47 build Stock Sony Firmware comes with tons of new features and is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. A quick list of the main features in Nougat is given below, and we are sure you’d love to use this on your Xperia X Dual F5122:
- Split-screen mode
- Quick switching apps
- Notification prioritization
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Doze Mode on the Go
- Multi-language support, emoji and app links
- New Settings menu
- Do Not Disturb
- Data Saver
- Seamless updates
- File-based encryption
- Managing app folder access
- Android for Work
- Emergency info
- Better backups and Accessibility settings
- Number blocking/call screening
- Direct Boot
- Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK
- Recent apps changes
If this is your very first time installing a Firmware, we understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before installation, make sure you have backed up your important Apps and Data. When Flashing Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware, your entire Data + System will be cleaned — like a brand new phone.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you how to install Android 7.0 Nougat on Xperia X Dual F5122 using Flashtool. Don’t forget to backup all your apps and personal data as a precaution. Major revamps like these usually have a wipe script with them, meaning, after you finish the update process, your phone will be completely wiped. Now to avoid any problems we recommend backing up your data which might include documents, contacts, or even downloads. Let’s continue with the tutorial now.
NOTE: Make sure your Android device is charged up to 80-85% battery level. Why? Because, if your phone goes off suddenly while installing a custom ROM, flashing an official firmware update or installing mods etc. — your phone might get bricked or go dead permanently. No one wants that, right?Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria for the Sony Xperia, but we think you might be interested in the following posts:
## This Guide is ONLY for Windows Users ##
- This tutorial is for Xperia X Dual F5122 Middle East and Africa (Generic).
- Please don’t try this on any other variants of Xperia.
- This is official stock Sony Xperia firmware.
- This tutorial has been performed on Windows, but anyone familiar with Fastboot on Mac or Linux can carry out this as well.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding as it will erase all data.
- You will not void your warranty by Installing this Firmware because this is an Official Stock Nougat update by Sony.
Xperia X Dual F5122 Nougat Firmware Details:Xperia X Dual_F5122_34.2.A.2.47_Middle East and Africa_Generic 7.0
- Model: Sony Xperia X Dual (F5122)
- Firmware version: 34.2.A.2.47_R2C
- Region: Middle East and Africa (Generic) [1302-3367]
- Android version: 7.0
How to Install Android 7.0 Nougat on Xperia X Dual F5122:
Step 3: Download Official Flashtool and Install Flashtool drivers from the following location:
‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’. Tick the “Flashmode Drivers” and “Fastboot Drivers” to install.
NOTE: To install the Flashtool drivers for Windows 8/8.1/10, please follow the steps below:
1. Press the Windows key + R together and in the ‘Run’ box type: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
– Now make the following selections to boot into the Start Up Setting Screen: Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Start Up Settings > Restart
– Then, when the computer restarts, select number 7 i.e. “Disable driver signature enforcement”. Your computer will start with Driver signing enforcement disabled until the next reboot.
2. Now you can install the Flashtool drivers.
– Windows will warn that the driver is not signed and will require you to confirm the installation.
– Once the installation is complete, reboot your computer.
Download: Xperia X Dual F5122 34.2.A.2.47 Middle East and Africa Generic 7.0
Decryption Key: !1NPI-0yBYq2-odkT8c5zwZgJ8SXC683_KcpNnaW86C0
- Android O: Download Official Android O Pixel Launcher – APK for Nougat
- Collections: Download Galaxy S8 Apps for all Android Devices - APK Files
- S8 Walls: Download Official Galaxy S8 Wallpapers (QHD+) - Stock Images
Now the XperiFirm software will launch in a new window. Navigate to your phone on the left panel. From the middle panel, choose the firmware for your region/carrier. The panel on the right side will show which firmware is available for you. Click on it to download the file.
Important: Be careful while downloading the correct file. Only download the firmware of your Model and Variant Number. For example, if you own an Xperia X Dual (F5122), only browse and download the firmware builds listed under F5122.
Once clicked, you are asked to confirm whether you want to download the firmware. Ensure that “Unpack automatically” is ticked and then click “Download” to proceed.
Once complete, you will see the following pop message “Unpacked Successfully!” Click OK.
The same “Unpacked successfully!” message will appear on the download dialogue. Click “Close” to proceed to the next step.
Now you will revert back to Flashtool which will start creating FTF firmware file. Please wait until the end process.
You will see “Torrent file creation finished” then your FTF firmware file has been successfully created.
Now you should be in the source folder where the FTF firmware files are located. Navigate to: "C:\Users\[Your PC Name]\.flashTool\firmwares"
Step 11: Open Flashtool and then click on the lightning bolt in the top left of Flashtool as highlighted below:
A Pop-Up of Boot mode Chooser will launch. Select “Flashmode” and click “OK.”
You should already be in the source folder as I mentioned in Step 10 where the FTF firmware files are located.
Select the firmware build version that you want to flash from the “Firmware” panel. Ensure the device variant is the same as the model number of your Sony Xperia X.
If you want to Keep your apps, data, and other media files, make sure to Untick "USERDATA" option within the "Wipe" panel. However, for upgrading to a major new Android, we recommend having a clean installation so that you do not face any error issue after the installation.
For Clean Installation, Tick all options under the “Wipe” panel. This will wipe all of your data though including your photos and videos, so please ensure you have these backed up elsewhere.
Important : You may see the following ‘SIMLOCK’ option ticked under the “MiscTA Exclude” pane. DO NOT untick SIMLOCK as it could lead to problems with the network lock on your device.Step 12: Click “Flash”. Flashtool will then indicate that it is “Preparing files for flashing”.
You may have to wait around 60 seconds for the pop-up below to appear. Once it does, you should now connect your Sony Xperia device. Make sure the device is powered off and then hold the ‘volume down’ button while connecting the USB cable. Once the pop-up disappears and flashing has started, you can let go of the ‘volume down’ button.
Flashtool will then start flashing your Xperia device. Once you see “Flashing finished” as indicated below, your Sony Xperia has been successfully flashed.
Now disconnect your Xperia X Dual and power on the handset. Your Xperia X Dual will boot now, and it might take about 5 minutes to boot on your first time after flashing a new ROM. So, please wait.
Congratulations! You have just installed Android 7.0 Nougat on your Sony Xperia X Dual! Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation? Let me know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE us on Facebook Page to thank us!
Having Fun on playing with this Android 7.0 Nougat Stock Firmware from Sony? Comment your view below about how you feel the experience this build.