The new update comes with TouchWiz improvements, new Material functions, Doze for better battery life, App Standby, Applications Permissions controls, and tons of other changes and tweaks that should improve the overall performance of your device.
|Image Credit: Image Credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/servicesmobiles/|
XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 also brings Monthly Security Patch Update as well as Knox Security by Samsung. Moreover, the XXU5EQCK latest Update for Galaxy S6 fixes all the bugs that exist in the previous Firmware. Some of the latest features of Android 7.0 Nougat are:
- Split-screen mode
- Quick switching apps
- Notification prioritization
- System UI Tuner
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Doze Mode on the Go
- Multi-language support, emoji and app links
- New Settings menu
- Do Not Disturb
- Data Saver
- Seamless updates
- File-based encryption
- Managing app folder access
- Android for Work
- Emergency info
- Better backups and Accessibility settings
- Number blocking/call screening
- Direct Boot
- Vulkan, Java 8 and OpenJDK
- Recent apps changes
How can you Install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 on Galaxy S6 G930F Official Firmware?There are three routes:
- Straight to OTA (Over-the-air) update system
- Samsung’s KIES / Smart Switch app
- Installing Firmware Manually
This tutorial will help you to Install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy S6 G930F with an easy Step-by-Step procedure. This is an official complete unbranded firmware release by Samsung, which means you should not get any pre-installed apps or extra language packs.
As you read further, we will guide you how to Install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware with complete steps. We will use ODIN tool for upgrading to G930FXXU5EQCK. For more details, continue reading. Let’s get on with the tutorial now.
Disclaimer: Please read the following instructions thoroughly before attempting to flash your phone. Droidphoria.com absolves itself from any responsibility should something go wrong. Please proceed with caution and at your own risk.
XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Firmware Details:
Sat, 25 Mar 2017 09:36:04 +0000
Security Patch Level
There are tons of useful articles and how-to guides on Droidphoria for the Galaxy S6, but we think you might be interested in the following posts :
- Install Android 6.0.1 WETA ROM on Galaxy S6 G920F
- [Guide] Install Latest TWRP on Galaxy S6 Custom Recovery
Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Driver:In this tutorial, you need to connect your Galaxy S6 to Computer via USB Cable. For that, you need to install Samsung USB Driver Properly so that ODIN could detect your device in no time. Please make sure you have installed the USB driver properly. If not, download the latest Galaxy S6 driver from our Android USB Driver section here:
Download Samsung Galaxy S6 USB Driver!
Tips: Backup your Device for SafetyUSB Driver Installed? Good. Now read the tutorial below for the Safe Installation of XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on your Galaxy S6, but before that, please have a look on the following important tips and points that you need to take care of before going through the tutorial.
- Always Backup your important data that you might need after installing a Custom ROM, Official Firmware, Mods or anything else.
- Make a data as we do not know anything might go wrong on performing the tutorial.
- Backup your App data, SMS, Contact, Google data, APN Setting, WhatsApp Message or anything else.
- Make sure your device have at least 80 percent charge. Why? Your device might get permanently dead if the device got Switch Off (due to low battery) during the Firmware installation process. No one wants that, right?
- Samsung user can use Samsung Kies to manually backup the device as Kies provide more option for what to choose in backup and even can transfer data from one device to another device.
- OPTIONAL: If you already have Custom Recovery installed, we Recommend you to make a full Nandroid Backup using that as it creates a complete image of your existing phone.
- INFO: Most of the Tutorials/Guides in Droidphoria.com are for Unlock Android Phones. Please don't try our Guides if your Device is Factory Locked.
Now ready? Good. Read the tutorial below to go forward and install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy S6 manually.
How to Update Galaxy S6 G930F to XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official FirmwareWe have put the detailed step-by-step procedure to Install XXU5EQCK Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware on Galaxy S6 via ODIN. If you used to install Official Updates on Samsung Galaxy Device via ODIN, then this should not be any different for you. Please make sure to read the tutorial once before actually performing it on your device so that nothing goes wrong.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 G930F. Please don’t try this on any other variants of the phone.
- G930FXXU5EQCK is an official firmware by Samsung for the Galaxy S6 G930F.
- Make sure you backup all your data in your phone before proceeding.
Full Step-By-Step Instructions:Step 1: Download Android 7.0 G930FXXU5EQCK for Galaxy S6 to your computer and extract the zip file.
Also See: [SuperSU] Root Galaxy S6 on Android 7.0 Nougat Official Firmware
Step 2: Download ODIN v3.11.1 which will help you to install Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy S6 G930F.
Step 3: Switch OFF your phone. Now go to Download Mode. How? Press and hold the Volume Down + Home buttons together, and then press the Power button till you see the construction Android robot and a triangle. Press Power again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
Step 4: Make sure you have your Galaxy S6 USB drivers installed on your computer.
Step 5: Open ODIN on your computer. Connect your phone to your computer while your phone is in the Download Mode.
Step 6: If your phone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step might take some time.
Step 7: Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your phone. These files are to be found from the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore this step if there is no such file.)
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. (Ignore if there is no such file.)
- AP = PDA
- BL = Boot Loader
- CP = Modem
Step 9: Now click on the Start button in ODIN. The installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10: After the installation is completed, your phone will restart. After you see the home screen, unplug your phone from the computer.
That’s it. Your Samsung Galaxy S6 has now been updated to Android 7.0 build XXU5EQCK firmware update. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Any problem during installation ? Let me know by commenting below! If you find the above tutorial useful and they were helpful to you, please consider giving us a +1 or LIKE us on Facebook to thank us!
Having Fun on playing with this Brand New Android N from Google? Let us know your review about it by commenting below!